Sadhana in Scopello, Sicily
Practice Prana Flow Yoga.
Enjoy cerulean water and gorgeous beaches.
Experience ancient temples, explore a medieval castle, and walk through Palermo.
Savor delicious food – and help prepare some too!
And along the way…
Engage your senses.
Practice awareness in everyday activities.
Deepen your experience of the present moment.
Join Kat for a transformative 7-day yoga retreat! “Sadhana” is a Sanskrit word derived from the root “sadh” which means to accomplish or succeed. This word is most often translated as “practice” and we can understand sadhana as any action whose worth comes from the attention and awareness offered to it, whatever the particular action might be. When we engage in sadhana, each action we perform becomes permeated with consciousness. Sadhana deepens our whole experience of the present moment – it expands our relationship to ourselves and to those who surround us. On this retreat, we will explore sadhana in its many aspects – both on and off the mat – through yoga practice, formal and informal meditation, mindful and exciting travel, and food preparation and enjoyment.
- A 2 hour enlivening daily morning yoga practice, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea that will include asana, pranayama, and meditation.
- A 30-60 minute calming, unwinding practice on evenings when we arrive early to the house.
- Seven nights in a villa located 300 meters from the Mediterranean Sea, including a private path that leads to the beach from the house.
- Transportation from Palermo to the house in Scopello and back. Transportation to all sites.
- Two meals a day, at the villa: Breakfast and either lunch or dinner, depending on group travel plans. Meals will be prepared as a community, ingredients will be provided.
- Meditations to help shift your daily life.
- Transportation to Palermo.
- Admissions to public parks and winery.
- Meals and snacks outside the house.
|Saturday||Arrival – Welcome dinner and grounding evening practice.|
|Sunday||Enjoy Riserva dello Zingaro beach and surroundings.|
|Monday||Day trip to Segesta and Erice.|
|Tuesday||Enjoy the beach.|
|Wednesday||Day trip to Agrigento and Scala dei turchi.|
|Thursday||Optional day trip to Palermo|
|Friday||Enjoy the beach.|
|Saturday||Morning practice and departure.|
Email Kat at email@example.com if you are interested!!!
Note: These are all pictures taken on my last trip 🙂
Ischia, Southern Italy.
May 24 – 30, 2014
Join Yoga District Senior Teachers Julia Romano and Kat Kuzner for a week on the Mediterranean Island of Ischia. Known as Isola Verde, “the Green island,” Ischia is hot springs paradise. Relax, and restore with pure rejuvenation, Mediterranean style: al famoso Castello Aragonese, a castle carved from an extinct volcano in 474 BC.
Sleep above within the castle walls at the simple yet luxurious Albergo Monastero. Start every morning with an invigorating flow class with Kat. Spend the days relaxing aside bright blue and emerald watered beaches, soaking in thermal spas (the paradisiacal beach-front natural hot springs of Ischia have attracted retreat seekers for millennia). Enjoy organic meals, freshly picked and caught, simply and lovingly prepared. Wind down the day with restorative candlelit movement and meditation with Julia.
Cost: $1150, $1250 Ocean View ($650 deposit required to reserve. Full amount due April 30. Payment plans available upon request.)
- Accommodations (double) Breakfast and Lunch
- Twice daily Yoga and Mediation
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Unplug, Reconnect, and Play: Yoga Retreat in Belize with Jeanette and Kat
Come with Jeanette and Kat for a fun-filled, sun-filled yoga retreat in Belize! Spend a week surrounded by palm trees, turquoise waters, and good company. Leave your laptop at home, wake up with sunrise yoga, and participate in Caribbean and jungle adventures. Relax and explore at your own pace. Tropical paradise awaits!
When: Saturday, March 29 – Saturday, April 5
Where: Ak’bol Yoga Retreat and Eco-Resort, Ambergris Caye, Belize (www.akbol.com)
(50% deposit due at registration)
Single – $1,050
Sea/Garden View Cabana:
(50% deposit due at registration)
Single – $1,825
Double – $1,270
Triple – $1,160
- 7 nights single or shared eco-chic accommodations at Ak’bol Yoga Retreat and Eco-Resort (incl. housekeeping, taxes, and service charges)
- 3 meals a day, plus welcome dinner with local specialties and big farewell breakfast
- Unlimited drinking water/juices/teas
- Use of resort grounds, pool, and pier
- Daily yoga and meditation
- Beachfront access
Not included in Package:
- Roundtrip airfare to Belize City
- Flights or water taxi between Belize City to San Pedro, Ambergris Caye.
- Taxis between San Pedro and Ak’bol
- Optional activities
- Amenities, tips, laundry, telephone calls, etc.
- Alcohol (available for purchase at the bar)
- By sea: snorkeling, sailing, scuba diving, and more
- By land: jungle tour, zip-lining, cave tubing, Mayan ruins (Full-day – Early AM start)
- Unwind: massages and facials
- Eat more: Full menu at the Soul Kitchen including local dishes and tropical smoothies
Ak’bol arranges local transportation between Belize City and Ambergris Caye. Flights and water taxis available. Contact Kirsten at Ak’bol (email@example.com) to make arrangements.
Contact me for more information and to register!